Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer – Designing Autonomous Mobility On-Demand
Within the new project titled “Studying Autonomous Vehicles Policies with Urban Planning in Singapore”, we aim to evaluate the feasibility of autonomous vehicle (AV) policies and investigate their land and transport implications. This project focus on the deployment of AVs in both a greenfield and an infill/brownfield areas in Singapore as well as the development of suitable urban design and AV operation schemes. Part of our research agenda involves the development of the SimMobility simulation framework that integrates and links together various mobility-sensitive behavioral models with state of-the-art simulators to predict impacts of mobility demands, infrastructure changes, and evolving transportation options on the deployment and delivery of people, firms, services and freight.
The Future Urban Mobility Interdisciplinary Research Group (FM) is currently seeking two highly motivated Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer, based at the SMART Centre in Singapore. The job scope are as follows:
- Work with the Postdoctoral Associates, Research Scientists and Programmers to turn transport models into working code, involving the design, implementation, and testing of the models and code.
- Design, implement software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Apply the software to simulate autonomous mobility-on-demand services which includes configuration of the software, data preparation, data analysis and validation.
The candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or related field.
- Highly conversant in C++ programming.
- Multi-threaded, parallel/distributing system programming experience.
- 2-4 years prior experience in programming large software applications/simulators/game development.
- Skilled in all aspects of software project life cycle: feasibility, requirements, design, implementation, integration, test and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
Candidate with any of the following will have an advantage:
- Knowledge on database programming, proficiency in SQL
- Some knowledge on Python or QT or LUA
Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information) via the stated website. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.