A key research task ongoing at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) in Singapore is providing next-generation data collection, modeling and solutions for urban freight and city logistics.
The project comprises of teams from both MIT, SMART, SUTD and local agencies in collaboration with several international research and industry partners. This position will be based at the SMART Centre in Singapore.
The research team is led by Prof. Moshe Ben-Akiva and Prof. Chris Zegras from MIT, Dr. Fang Zhao from SMART, and by Prof. Lynette Cheah from SUTD.
The specific responsibilities will involve a combination of:
• Preparing and analyze data, contributing with new insights into the model building process.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of behavioral models (e.g. demand generation, tour creation).
• Configuring and running simulation models and producing relevant output for further research.
• Collaborate with researchers in the process of writhing journal/conference articles and preparing presentations to disseminate findings of research.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Transportation, Freight, Logistics, Operations Research or related field.
• General knowledge of Transportation Systems and or Activity Based Modelling.
• Data analysis and data preparation skills.
• Statistics and Modelling skills (e.g., discrete choice modelling).
• Independent and self-motivated, yet able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates with the following will have added advantage:
• Relevant experience in the transport engineering field.
• Experience using transport simulation software.
• Basic programming skills
Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.