|Software Engineer – Designing Autonomous Mobility On-Demand
Project OverviewWithin the new project titled “Autonomous Mobility-On-Demand systems’ impact on transportation in Singapore”, a comprehensive framework for designing and assessing the impacts on mobility of Autonomous Mobility On-Demand (AMOD) systems and applying it for the Singaporean context is being developed. In addition, AMOD targeted behavioural models will be estimated using actual behavioural data to be collected through an innovative smart-phone based technologies. To tackle the challenges of modelling AMOD, an advanced agent-based simulation framework that integrates operational and behavioural models, SimMobility, is used. The main objectives are to create an integrated platform for multiple scenario assessment, to show its full potential of for the analysis of innovative autonomous solutions and to give a further insight on the benefits and issues when implementing AMOD services in Singapore.
ResponsibilitiesThe Future Urban Mobility Interdisciplinary Research Group (FM) is currently seeking a Software Engineer, based at the SMART Centre in Singapore. The job scope are as follows:• Work with the Postdoctoral Associates, Research Scientists and Programmers to turn transport models into working code, involving the design, implementation, and testing of the models and code.
• Apply the software to simulate autonomous mobility-on-demand services which includes configuration of the software, data preparation, data analysis and validation.
RequirementsThe candidate should possess the following:• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or related field.
• Highly conversant in C++ programming.
• Multi-threaded, parallel/distributing system programming experience
• 2-4 years prior experience in programming large software applications/simulators/game development.
• Skilled in all aspects of software project life cycle: feasibility, requirements, design, implementation, integration, test and deployment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Candidate with any of the following will have an advantage: • Knowledge on database programming, proficiency in SQL.
• Some knowledge on Python or QT or LUA. Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.