|Research Engineer – Designing Autonomous Mobility On-Demand
Project OverviewWithin the new project titled “Autonomous Mobility-On-Demand systems’ impact on transportation in Singapore”, a comprehensive framework for designing and assessing the impacts on mobility of Autonomous Mobility On-Demand (AMOD) systems and applying it for the Singaporean context is being developed. In addition, AMOD targeted behavioural models will be estimated using actual behavioural data to be collected through an innovative smart-phone based technologies. To tackle the challenges of modelling AMOD, an advanced agent-based simulation framework that integrates operational and behavioural models, SimMobility, is used. The main objectives are to create an integrated platform for multiple scenario assessment, to show its full potential of for the analysis of innovative autonomous solutions and to give a further insight on the benefits and issues when implementing AMOD services in Singapore.
ResponsibilitiesThe Future Urban Mobility Interdisciplinary Research Group (FM) is currently seeking a Software Engineer, based at the SMART Centre in Singapore. The job scope are as follows:• Contribute to the development and implementation of behavioral and optimization models (e.g. demand generation, tour creation, fleet optimization).
• Work with the research scientists and programmers to turn transport models into working code, involving the design, implementation, and testing of the models and code.
• Solve abstract complex problems/ideas and convert them into useable algorithms/software modules.
• Data preparation and analysis.
• Write and give presentations to project stakeholders and to third parties.
• Work with the researchers on publishing research papers.
RequirementsThe candidate should possess the following:• Bachelor’ or Master’s Degree in Transportation, Operations Research or related field.
• General knowledge of Transportation Systems and or Activity Based Modelling.
• Basic programming skills.
• Data analysis and data preparation skills.
• Statistics and Modelling skills (e.g., discrete choice modelling).
• Independent and self-motivated, yet able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Candidate with any of the following will have an advantage: • Relevant experience in the transport engineering field.
• Experience using transport simulation software.
• Ability to program in C++.
• Knowledge of Python, QT, LUA, and/or MATLAB.
• Able to work with GIS programs especially QGIS. Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.