The selected candidate will be responsible for
• Managing the financial budgeting, monitoring and reporting for large scale research projects.
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, financial closing, semi-annual progress reports and monthly expenditure reports.
• Assist in the control and monitoring of the use of funds for the research projects.
• Provide administrative support to faculty and their research staff that includes procurement, proposal preparation, etc.
• Assist to ensure all internal control procedures according to Financial Handbook are being adhered to by research groups.
• Act as back-up in helping to process urgent payment/wire-transfer when required.
• Performs other job related duties when required.
• Bachelor's degree with 0-4 years’ experience, preferably in grant management, accounting, or related financial experience.
• Familiarity with SAP Financials system will be helpful.
• Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills is preferred.
• Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects simultaneously with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to remain focused while dealing with frequent interruptions.
• Must be able to work in a team environment with a strong service oriented attitude.
• Excellent analytical skills is necessary.
• Attention to detail is essential.
Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.