Martin Schmidt, MIT Provost, in early January announced the 2016 Chair Holders for the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART). The SMART Chairs are in recognition of the faculty member’s participation and commitment to the program.
Eight faculty members were awarded a SMART Chair and they are:
- Professor Tonio Buonassisi from the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Professor Patrick Doyle from the Department of Chemical Engineering
- Professor Eugene Fitzgerald from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Professor Li-Shiuan Peh from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Professor Krystyn Van Vliet from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Professor Evelyn Wang from the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Professor Andrew Whittle from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor Chris Zegras from the Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Professor Daniel Hastings, SMART Director and CEO, stated these faculty have been recognized for their contribution and dedication to SMART. He looks forward to continuing to work with each of them as SMART begins another exciting and promising year.