|SMART Graduate Fellowship
The Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) has a four-year fellowship scheme for new doctoral students at either Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Management University (SMU) or Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), who will conduct their research at the SMART Centre.
The Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU, NUS, SMU and SUTD the best and most talented doctoral students from Singapore, the region and beyond, and educate them to be future leaders in science and technology for Singapore and beyond. The Fellowship will provide an opportunity to be involved in the strategic research programmes at the SMART Centre and provide the opportunity to be co-advised by an MIT faculty member. The student may spend up to six months doing research at MIT.
The SMART Graduate Fellowship provides:
- up to four years of full tuition and school fees at the student's home university;
- a monthly stipend of S$3,500 (and CPF contribution for Singapore citizens);
- eligible for a one-time research residency at MIT for up to six months;
- and co-supervision by an MIT and NTU/NUS/SMU/SUTD faculty.
There is no bond associated with this fellowship.
NOTE: If you are awarded the SMART Fellowship, and you have a tuition bond from MOE, you will be required to provide a Banker's Guarantee.
A student must:
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with first class or second-upper (or equivalent);
- be an incoming new PhD student not currently enrolled in a PhD programme;
- have a research interest that fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in a SMART Interdisciplinary Research Group (IRG).
The application period for the August/September 2017 Intake is now closed.
SMART will send an email notification to the successful fellowship awardees on March 13, 2017 onwards. Please check with the University on the status of your application for admission.