In order for your SMURF application to be reviewed by the Committee, your application must include the documents listed below. Failure to adhere to this may disqualify your application.
- SMART IRG: Select a SMART Interdisciplinary Research Group (IRG) that fits your research interest.
- Project List: Identify a project within the SMART IRG that fits your research interest.
Click the links below to find out more information on the projects within the IRGs:
- SMART-MIT Investigator: Select the MIT Investigators name from the project you selected above.
a) Contact the MIT Investigator and inform him/her of your interest to work on his/her project;
b) Obtain an email approval from the MIT Investigator that he/she is agreeable to host you in his/her lab in Singapore. Scan the email approval and submit this along with your personal statement and transcript of records.
- Personal Statement: Submit a 1-3 page statement describing why you would like to work on the above project. Also include some background information about yourself, potential outcomes working on his/her project, goals, and why you want to work at the SMART Centre.
- Recommendation Letter: Ask 2 referees to send a recommendation letter directly to Ms. Jocelyn Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- One of your referee must be a faculty member from your home university. The faculty you select must be able to provide an assessment of your academic abilities (i.e. strengths and weaknesses).
- The letter must be prepared using the faculty's official university or departmental letterhead.
- Transcript: Provide an electronic version (in PDF) of your most recent transcript or grade report (even if it is unofficial).
For more information about this programme, please contact Ms. Jocelyn Sales.