Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology
Microsoft Word (.doc)
The budget template must be completed and submitted together with the application form:
For MIT Applicants : Excel Sheet
For Singapore Applicants : Word Doc.
The primary Grant will be the Innovation Grant of up to S$250,000. However, for projects deemed too early, where the go-to-market strategy is not clearly understood or the technology is at a very early stage, an Ignition Grant of up to S$50,000 will be rewarded.
Researchers who meet the following criteria may apply:
- Researchers from all Institutes of Higher Learning in Singapore (eg. NUS, NTU, SIM, SMU, SUTD,
- Researchers who are employees of SMART.
For MIT faculty, the following specific eligibility criteria may apply :
- An MIT faculty who does not participate in SMART can receive an Innovation Grant as long as
there is a Singapore Collaborator and all (100%) of the funds remain in Singapore.
- An MIT faculty who participate in SMART can receive funding at MIT as long as there is a
- Anyone who receives SMART Innovation funds should be aware there is a preference for
commercialization in Singapore.
For any inquiries , please email Dr Howard Califano at firstname.lastname@example.org